Schorfheide: Elite´s Hunting Ground
The beautiful landscape with its hunting lodges and country estates tells German elite´s history throuout the centuries.
Schorfheide is one of the largest forests in Germany. Here margraves, electors, kings, emperors, heads of states, dignitaries, presidents, dictators, military officers, diplomats, functionaries and – poachers.
The signing of contracts and political decisions were closely connected to a successful hunt, walks together in den forest, horseback rides, carriage rides oder talks at the campfire or the fireplace. The Prussian Reich Chancellor Bismarck said: „Most lies are told BEFORE an election, DURING the war and AFTER hunting“.
Points of Interest (choice of):
- Groß Schönebeck Hunting Lodge
- Carinhall: country estate of Nazi-Secretary of Aviation, Hermann Göring
- House at the Great Döllnsee-Lake: Guesthouse of the GDR-administration
- Joachimsthal Royal Train Station
- Hubertusstock Hunting Lodge at the Werbellinsee-Lake: hunting residence of the Hohenzollern-kings
+ certified tour guide
+ exclusive VW-Bus with AC
+ literature on board
+ cold beverages
+ length of the tour: five hours
+ private group up to six participants
price per group:
320,00 EUR (VAT included)